Graduate Development Program
Dental Outreach’s Graduate Development Program (GDP) supports training general (graduate) dentists to be comfortable across a broad range of clinical procedures and scenarios. At the end of the GDP, participants are better able to plan and provide multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary general dental care by evaluating and treating a wide variety of patients, from the very young to geriatric and including those with special needs and medical complexities, in inpatient and outpatient settings.
The GDP teaches, by example, culturally-competent and patient-centred care. Didactic and clinical educational opportunities are also provided throughout the program across the areas of general and special needs dentistry.
GDP participants will have the opportunity to gain experience through participating in our regional dental Outreach programs which include visits to local schools/kindergartens as with aged care & nursing home (ACF) visits.
GDP participants can also have the opportunity to undertake Special needs dentistry working with people with intellectual and physical disabilities, and with significant medical issues.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to undertake a placement at one of our fixed and mobile dental practices. During this time, we will provide ongoing mentorship and support from the staff within our group, to ensure fast-tracked development of the applicants skill base.
Skills & Experience
- Competency in General Dentistry
- Committed to providing an outstanding patient-centred care
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Current AHPRA registration with no restrictions
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Appropriate dental qualification recognised by the Dental Board of Australia
- Dental Implants, Surgical and Restorative
- Prosthodontics, Crown and Bridgework, Inlays and Onlays
- Imaging Modalities, CBCT and OPG Interpretation and Utilization
- Dental Laboratory and Clinical Processes Processes, (Crown and Bridgework, Implants and Removable Prosthetics)
- Dental Sleep Medicine
- TMJ/TMD Management
- Management of Complex Medical Needs
- Direct Restorative Techniques
- Surgical Extractions
- Treatment Planning and Interdisciplinary Care
- Endodontics, (including Microscope Endodontics)
- Lasers in Dentistry
- CAD CAM in Dentistry
- Anxiolysis and Management of Dentally Phobic Patients
- Oral Pathology
- Periodontics – Surgical and Non-Surgical Management
- Hard and Soft Tissue Grafting
Why Work for Us?
- Excellent remuneration
- Relocation assistance available for regional based practices
- Fantastic networking and learning opportunities with highly skilled and well-regarded dental professionals via our exclusive General Practitioner Network (GPN) initiative
- Dedicated support function that looks after Marketing, Finance and Practice Management to ensure growth and success, allowing you to focus on patient care
- Fully QIP accredited, modern practices that utilise the latest dental technologies and equipment
This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to work with South Australia’s largest dental group, delivering exceptional standards of patient care and service. To apply or discuss current positions available please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready to Make a Change?
Join a team of passionate and thriving individuals. Dentists making a difference.